Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review: Desolation by Travis Simmons

Goodreads Summary:

Asher St Paul thought it was just a typical zombie apocalypse like in the movies, until the necromancers crawled out of the woodwork. Since the undead have chased the living into hiding, the necromancers are able to roam freely in a new America of their making. Asher is seeking safe harbor. The need for safety is what drove him from his home in Philadelphia Pennsylvania before it was shelled. He has searched from quarantine to quarantine, always finding them overrun with zombies until he hears of The Refuge, a military compound in Binghamton New York.

With his family and lover lain to rest by his own hand, he has nothing left to lose and gives everything he has to reach the safe haven. But questions arise when he reaches The Refuge, mainly, how has he been able to sustain multiple zombie bites and not change? He thinks he has found safety in the military compound turned quarantine, but he was wrong. Even now there is a necromancer trying to make The Refuge their kingdom of the dead.

My Thoughts:

Let me start off by saying that I am a huge fan of Zombie books. Real zombie books, (like George Romero's dead movies) not the romanced kind we seem to come across a lot lately. It has to have blood and gore or it is not a Zombie book. That was exactly what this one was. Add to it the fact that this has M/M romance in it and it was a book I just had to read.
Asher St.Paul is a fantastic character and he is immune to the virus, but has no idea how or why. How awesome is that?! While there is pleanty of Zombie action in this book there is also magic and Necromancers added into the mix. For me that made it that much more exciting. So much so that I read it in one day!
The M/M romance part was not explicit at all. It was very subtle, yet enjoyable.
I very highly recommend this book, especially to the Zombie fans!

*I recieved this book for review but that has in no way effected my opinion.*

Overall Rating: 5*

Buy it from Amazon

Add it to Goodreads

Find Travis on Goodreads or his Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)