Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Review: Love Rising by Piper Vaughn


Blurb:
An Isla Sagrario Story

In the 1700s on the island of Sagrario, men who love other men find safe haven. For Francis Holland, an escaped indentured servant, Sagrario offers nothing but loneliness. His life begins to change when he finds Wick, a merman, washed ashore.

When Wick awakens under Francis’s care, Francis returns him to the sea at his request. Soon after, they begin to meet in secret, and gradually, Francis blossoms under this new companionship. However, a merman is a difficult creature to entrust one’s heart to. With one trapped on land and the other at sea, the differences in their species threaten to keep them apart forever. It may not be long before Wick is gone, taking Francis’s reason to smile with him.

My Thoughts:
**I recieved this book for free for review from the author through the DBML (Don't Buy My Love) program in the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.**

This is the first M/M romance that I have read involving a merman. I was super excited because of not only that but that it is written by Piper Vaughn. Piper has yet to disappoint me with a story! The same can be said of this one. Yes, it is a short one, but everything that needed to be said was. Francis longs for Wick in a way that seems impossible. They meet under the cover of darkness and begin a love affair despite the difference in species and a language barrier. This book truely needs to be read by the masses. I really don't want to chance giving away too many plot points. If you are interested in reading about mermen and interspecies romance then you have got to start here. I really don't think you will be disappointed, I know I wasn't!

Rating: 5*

Book Buy Links:
Barnes & Noble
Dreamspinner Press
Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)